- At 8: Train driver
- At 11: Doctor
- At 14: Definitely not doctor. Take three science subjects and be taught by “Anal Retentives’R’Us”? Er, no, thanx!
- At 16: Interpreter
- At 18: Soviet Studies analyst (Gorbachev had just come to power)
- At 22: Tax inspector
- At 25: Anything, absolutely anything! (I’d been on the dole for 18 months.)
- At 37: Teacher/mental health nurse. (There was arguably little difference in the jobs. I chose the wrong one. He who can, does. He who cannot…)
- At 46: Business analyst (Happy to remain so.)
Have a careerist day, won’t you!