August is known as the “silly season” in the British media. Not much news to report. But there are the annual headlines that are guaranteed to appear every August:
- Should Parliament be recalled every time a conflict somewhere in the world rears its ugly head? This leads to subsequent headlines such:
- Why is the Prime Minister on holiday?
- Etc etc
- Record year for for A-level results (for the German readership, Advanced level = Abitur)
Needless to say, every newspaper, whether local, regional or national, then has to show the obligatory photos of highly photogenic female A-level students doing the following:
- Leaping in the air
- Punching the air
- Hugging each other
- Doing cartwheels
- Doing star jumps
All, of course, while exposing midriffs and looking generally very cute.
Now, can anyone suggest any new poses for next year’s cuties to try? How about these?
- “Footballer just scored a goal” team pounce on them
- Formula 1 style shake the champagne bottle
Have a photogenic day, won’t you!