So, a copy and paste from last year? Yes, probably. But to quote from the grafitti in the men’s toilets,
“Man without target hits nothing.”
This year’s resolutions…
1. To lose weight. Got to be done. “The same procedure as every year,” to quote from Dinner for One. Who wants to live forever? Well, who wants to die early? Not me.
2. Pay off the overdraft. Making good progress, I am pleased to say.
3. Build up savings. Germans are big savers, and I think it is a commendable habit to be a saver. I still have my Postbank Sparbuch. This week I’ll pay a few € into my account.
4. Travel. I think it is over two years since I called in on my folks. Oh well. Maybe this year. However, my main destinations are:
- Wolfenbuettel to take the Lovely Doctor along and show her old stomping grounds, the old pad and the barracks
- Berda in the Netherlands and attend the redheads jamboree. Got to be done. I promise to bring my personal favourite brunette along. 🙂
- The UK, even if only for a flying visit. London, maybe even Yorkshire (God’s Country)
5. Job security. Oh please, God, I know I’m a sinner, but would it spoil some vast eternal plan, if I were a moderately well-off man.
6. Address book clean-up. A purge is always cathartic. Ditto Facebook. Ditto Linkedin.
7. Take part in the stand-up comedy course. (Joking aside, it should help with developing general public speaking skills.)
8. Keep a daily diary. So far, so good this year. A5 seems to be the right size for me.
9. Join a chess club in the warmer, lighter months.
10. Can we do it? Yes, we can. Will we do it? We can but try.
Bullsh1t? Well in army-speak bullsh1t is about putting in that extra bit of extra to achieve the highest standards.